Tuesday 18 March 2014

The Maze Runner Official Trailer: Trailer + Review

Okay, I think that I can see how cool this could be...


Dylan O' Brian stars in 2014's The Maze Runner

One of my favourite reviewers and overall YouTube personalities Ms Grace Randolph (Beyond the Trailer) recently reviewed this trailer, and stated that she received incredibly large 'Lord of the Flies' vibes from it. As a British guy, I recently read Lord of the Flies for my exams, and understand completely what she means. The Maze Runner seems to be the first young adult novel adaptation to not be for young adults, but merely to feature them. One of the key themes of 'Lord of the Flies' was that of Civilization vs. Savagery, something we can clearly see reflected in this, the first trailer, at 1:16 seconds where someone appears to be burning at the stake. To watch the trailer and read my review, click the link below...






Not being familiar with the story of The Maze Runner, I would definitely say that I am intrigued by it's concept. It seems to be the first of the young adult films to really appeal to mainstream boys aswell as girls, and almost reminds me of Christopher Nolan's Inception in parts, especially when the maze begins to fold in on itself and go all anti-grav. Seeing some familiar faces in the mix aswell was nice to see with Love Actually's Thomas Brodie-Sangster and Will Poulter making an appearence. I haven't been a huge fan of Poulter's so far though, so I am eager to be impressed by what looks like a large and layered role.

What do you think of The Maze Runner? Have you read the books? Does it live up to expectations if you have? Has it peaked your interest as it has me if you haven't? Comment below and be sure to check out other JG Reviews Movie and Trailer Reviews here.

James Green

No comments:

Post a Comment